The News links below will depart from the regulatory site of Imperial Financial. Neither Imperial Financial or Personal Touch Financial Services Limited is responsible for the accuracy of the information contained within the linked sites.
- 13 December 2018: Could light bring us superfast mobile broadband indoors? - BBC News - Business
Superfast 5G mobile connectivity may not be able to reach inside buildings. Could light help?
- 13 December 2018: 'If the factory closes what could I afford to eat?' - BBC News - Business
As the EU threatens to end Cambodia's tariff-free status, textile workers fear it could lead to factory closures and job losses.
- 13 December 2018: Marmite sprouts? Why retailers are pushing the boundaries with festive food - BBC News - Business
From pigs-in-blankets tea to Christmas tree crisps, retailers are pushing the boundaries with festive food.
- 13 December 2018: Why are there so many pre-Christmas sales? - BBC News - Business
Retailers, squeezed by rising costs and falling sales try to lure back shoppers with pre-Christmas sales
- 13 December 2018: Hamleys pulls slime toy amid safety fears - BBC News - Business
Tests found Frootiputti slime exceeded EU limits for boron, a chemical that can impair fertility.
- 13 December 2018: Brexit gloom to hit housing market into 2019, says RICS - BBC News - Business
Brexit uncertainty is expected to hit the property market over the next three months, surveyors say.
- 12 December 2018: Pound sheds some earlier gains as May wins confidence vote - BBC News - Business
Sterling sheds some of its earlier gains after leadership confidence vote result is revealed.
- 12 December 2018: Meng Wanzhou: Trump could intervene in case of Huawei executive - BBC News - Business
The president says he could act for the good of US trade, as Canada releases Meng Wanzhou on bail.
- 12 December 2018: China's Tencent Music jumps on US launch - BBC News - Business
Tencent Music Entertainment Group raises $1.1bn as it lists on the New York Stock Exchange.
- 12 December 2018: Sainsbury's shares hit by Asda deal fears - BBC News - Business
Investors on alert after the retailer attempts to delay a competition probe into its deal with Asda.
- 12 December 2018: Bereaved mother criticises Facebook over baby ads - BBC News - Business
The woman says if companies were able to spot she had been pregnant, they should also have realised she was bereaved.
- 12 December 2018: Dixons Carphone posts £440m loss in first half - BBC News - Business
The struggling retailer posts a £440m loss after it writes down the value of its Carphone Warehouse brand.
- 12 December 2018: Superdry warns worse to come as profits plunge - BBC News - Business
Fashion retailer considers closing stores amid disappointing sales of winter clothing.
- 12 December 2018: Films with female stars earn more at the box office - BBC News - Business
Films like Wonderwoman and Moana where women have top billing make more money than those led by men.
- 12 December 2018: Twitter's Jack Dorsey answers critics of Myanmar meditation retreat - BBC News - Business
Twitter's chief executive says he needs to learn more about the plight of the Rohingya in Myanmar.