The News links below will depart from the regulatory site of Imperial Financial. Neither Imperial Financial or Personal Touch Financial Services Limited is responsible for the accuracy of the information contained within the linked sites.
- 25 May 2018: DIY retailer Homebase sold at a huge loss for just £1 - BBC News - Business
The sale ends the disastrous entry into the UK retail hardware market by Australia's Wesfarmers.
- 25 May 2018: Apple awarded $539m in US patent case against Samsung - BBC News - Business
Samsung has been ordered to pay Apple damages in a long-running dispute between the tech firms.
- 24 May 2018: How the light bulb became a million dollar idea. - BBC News - Business
The BBC's Aaron Heslehurst explains how the light bulb became a million dollar idea.
- 24 May 2018: Strawb bots - BBC News - Business
Strawberry producers say labour shortages are driving them to find robotic fruit pickers instead.
- 24 May 2018: The strawberry-picking robots coming to a farm near you - BBC News - Business
Strawberry producers say they can't find enough humans to pick their fruit, so are robots the answer?
- 24 May 2018: Water good idea - BBC News - Business
The couple whose "bhungroo" invention is protecting thousands of farmers from drought and monsoon floods.
- 24 May 2018: How many £1m-plus homes are sold near you? - BBC News - Business
Sales of homes for more than £1m have hit a new high. See how many were sold near you in the last decade.
- 24 May 2018: GDPR: 'Don't panic!' data watchdog tells firms - BBC News - Business
Tough new data protection laws come into effect on Friday, but many firms say they are not ready.
- 24 May 2018: Brexit: UK official warns EU over talks 'insult' - BBC News - Business
A senior EU official describes the UK's negotiating position as a "fantasy", after talks in Brussels.
- 24 May 2018: Netflix eclipses Disney in market milestone - BBC News - Business
The online streaming giant temporarily becomes the world's most valuable media company before falling back.
- 24 May 2018: Why is there a row about Galileo? - BBC News - Business
Britain may be denied full access to the EU's Galileo satellite navigation system on security grounds after Brexit.
- 24 May 2018: McDonald's sees off plastic straw campaign - BBC News - Business
Investors reject proposal pressing the firm to review its use of plastic straws on environmental grounds.
- 24 May 2018: Samsonite accused of 'massaging profits' - BBC News - Business
An investor claims the world's largest luggage maker is using questionable accounting practices.
- 24 May 2018: Brexit: How did HMRC get to a £20bn customs cost? - BBC News - Business
One of the custom plans could cost up to £20bn a year, says HMRC.
- 24 May 2018: Brexit: MPs say UK might have to extend customs union membership - BBC News - Business
The Brexit select committee criticises the lack of agreement on trade arrangements.